Updated on: December 3, 2020
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information (“Personal Information”) is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
What Personal Information we collect.
- Whenever you create an account, make a payment, connect to our services, request information, contact or correspond with us (by phone, text, sms, email, postal mail, web form, chatbot or other messaging systems), share or provide content (either digitally or physically), participate in an survey, or interact with our managed profiles on social networking sites or business directory sites, we may collect a variety of information such as your name, company, current position, mailing address, email address, phone numbers, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and payment information.
- Whenever you share information about others (i.e. make a referral) with TeleFingerprinting, share content with others over TeleFingerprinting’s services or invite others to participate in TeleFingerprinting’s services, messaging centers, or managed profiles on social networking sites or business directory sites, we may collect information you provide about those people such as names, companies, positions, mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. We will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may ask for a government issued ID or passport for verification purposes or as otherwise required by law.
- We collect physical biometric ink-on-paper or electronic specimens of applicant's fingerprints.
- Specific to TeleFingerprinting "sessions," we make video recordings of 2 forms of an applicant's photo identification, and a portrait (head shot) of the Applicant. A "Verification Video" recording is also made at the end of the session.
- Specific to PermaPrints resubmittal requests, we may make recordings of photo ID and portrait to authorize submittal of archived biometrics.
How We Use Personal Information
- The Personal Information we collect allows us to correspond with you (by phone, text, email, postal mail, or other messaging systems) as a customer or prospective customer, provide products or services, process your payments, and keep you posted on TeleFingerprinting's latest announcements. If you do not want to be on our electronic mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your email preferences.
- We also use Personal Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your Personal Information for various account and network security purposes. Including but not limited to protecting our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- With your consent, we may also use your Personal Information in our content or marketing efforts. This includes testimonials, reviews, or other endorsements that you may provide. This does not apply to testimonials, reviews, or other endorsements about us you may have already made public (i.e. social networking profile reviews or business directory profile reviews).
- If you are a current customer or a user of our products or services, we may use your Personal Information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases, changes to your account, service outages or maintenance, and changes our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with TeleFingerprinting, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve TeleFingerprinting’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at TeleFingerprinting or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at TeleFingerprinting, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how TeleFingerprinting handles candidate Personal Information at the time of application.
- Regarding video recordings of applicant PII or likenesses, these are stored temporarily on the secure Cisco Webex cloud server. NFp staff members routinely move these files to our secure private server where still images are captured for submittal to states in fulfillment of orders, deleting the files from the Cisco cloud. The "Verification Video" is also downloaded to our private server for long term storage. The Verification Video may be presented as evidence of authenticity to litigants or authorities in the event of legal proceedings. Only staff members involved in the processing of biometrics have access to this video data.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your Personal Information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the website or other related products and/or services requested.
Source of Personal Information Not Directly Collected from You
We may have received your Personal Information from other persons if that person has shared content with you using our services, made a referral, or invited you to participate in TeleFingerprinting’s services, messaging centers or social networking sites.
Our customers or our partners (including, but not limited to, advertising agencies, dataset providers or other third-party sources) may also provide us with Personal Information that they have collected from their users. Including names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, corporate affiliations and other preferences.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with TeleFingerprinting, we may have received your Personal Information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the Personal Information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your Personal Information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual, or Non-Personal Information ("Non-Personal Information"). We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. The following are some examples of Non-Personal Information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Protection of Personal Information
TeleFingerprinting takes the security of your Personal Information very seriously. TeleFingerprinting's online services uses industry-standard technologies, including encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) when transferring and receiving data exchanged between us and our service providers. When your personal data is stored by TeleFingerprinting, we use both computer systems with limited access and physical data storage both housed in facilities using physical security measures. Our websites and services also have many industry-standard security measures, including encryption, in place to help protect your Personal Information from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure, warrant or guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
If you post on an TeleFingerprinting forum, chat room, or social networking site, the Personal Information and content you share is visible to others and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the Personal Information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, TeleFingerprinting may provide third parties with certain Personal Information to provide, improve or protect our products, services or organization. This includes delivering products at your request. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. TeleFingerprinting does not sell Personal Information, and Personal Information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
TeleFingerprinting may share Personal Information with agents, vendors, contractors, or service providers (“Service Providers”) that we have retained to perform functions or provide services (including internet services) on our behalf. These Service Providers are obligated to protect your information and may be located where TeleFingerprinting operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for TeleFingerprinting to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any of our specific usage or service terms or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all Personal Information we collect to the relevant third party.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
Regarding the Personal Information we hold, we will provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if TeleFingerprinting is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes upon request. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us through the methods described in the Privacy Questions section.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from TeleFingerprinting details about the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose regarding them. California residences can exercise this right by contacting us using the email or mailing address below.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information. TeleFingerprinting does not sell Personal Information.
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) provides EU residents with a number of rights when it comes to the use of Personal Information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country of residence within the EU. EU residences can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the email or mailing address below.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Because of the nature of our business, our websites, services and products are not designed to appeal to children. Therefore, TeleFingerprinting does not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain any information from persons under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction.
If you are under 13 years of age, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, please do not use or access our websites, products, or services at any time or in any manner.
If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately using the email or mailing address below.
As is true of most internet services, our service providers gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, administer our websites, learn about user behavior on the websites, improve our products and services, and improve the content and offerings on our websites. TeleFingerprinting may also use this information in our marketing efforts.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the TeleFingerprinting website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Privacy Preferences & Browser Settings
To comply with electronic privacy regulations, some of these “cookies” and other technologies require your consent as they may collect Personal Information. You can also opt-out and prevent the use of some technologies that may collect Non-Personal Information. You will see the consent notice when you visit the TeleFingerprinting website for the first time, or whenever we fail to identify you as a returning visitor. You can always change or withdraw your consent at any time by changing the privacy preferences on this website. This does set a cookie to remember your preferences.
Some modern browsers also feature built-in privacy settings or have available plug-in's that, when configured and enabled, may prevent “cookies” and other technologies from loading regardless of the privacy preferences consented to on this website.
If you want to change your browser's privacy settings or cookie settings you can do so by following the instructions for your browser. Please check with your provider to find out how to change privacy settings or disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the TeleFingerprinting website will not be available when privacy settings are enabled or cookies are disabled.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
TeleFingerprinting does indirectly (using a third party) track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising but does not directly respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties that have content embedded on TeleFingerprinting websites such as a social feature or a stock ticker may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific TeleFingerprinting website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from TeleFingerprinting websites unless you provide it to them directly.
Third-Party Sites and Services
TeleFingerprinting’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, applications, and services. Our websites, products and services may also use or offer products or services from third-parties - for example, advertisements or social media buttons.
Information collected by third parties, which may include Non-Personal Information or Personal Information (such as location data or contact details), is governed by the privacy policies of the third-party. TeleFingerprinting is not responsible for the practices of any third-party. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Privacy Questions, Requests or Complaints